Delcampe Pay fee more Expensive than PayPal fee

• mjocovers

427 messages

Royaume-Uni

I just activated Delcampe Pay & compared it to PayPal

Delcampe Pay 31 July £2.71, - fee 0.34

PayPal 25 July £2.71 - fee 0.31

So Delcampe Pay is more expensive than PayPal! I thought the idea of Delcampe Pay was that it is supposed to be cheaper, not more expensive!
  • BobUK

113 messages

Royaume-Uni

As my Paypal account is set up for micropayments as most are my item are under £5.00 is the reason I have not took up Delcampe Pay

Similar sale as yours on Paypal 23 July £2.78 - fee 0.20
  • mjocovers

427 messages

Royaume-Uni

As my Paypal account is set up for micropayments as most are my item are under £5.00 is the reason I have not took up Delcampe Pay

Similar sale as yours on Paypal 23 July £2.78 - fee 0.20
    • Posté le 1 août 2019 à 03:18
    I did look at micropayments a few years ago but I worked out it would not be economic. I might have another look
  • moonstone

951 messages

Royaume-Uni

I've had Delcampe Pay for a few months and what has been said above is correct for smaller amounts. For larger amounts it swings the other way from a couple of sales I've had:

Sale £33 - Paypal fee £1.52, Delcampe Pay £1.31

Larger sales attract a lower fee on Delcampe Pay, but it obviously depends what level of sales individual sellers have, whether it is better for them or not + as it's only available in Europe so you still need PayPal anyway!
  • mjocovers

427 messages

Royaume-Uni

I've had Delcampe Pay for a few months and what has been said above is correct for smaller amounts. For larger amounts it swings the other way from a couple of sales I've had:

Sale £33 - Paypal fee £1.52, Delcampe Pay £1.31

Larger sales attract a lower fee on Delcampe Pay, but it obviously depends what level of sales individual sellers have, whether it is better for them or not + as it's only available in Europe so you still need PayPal anyway!
    • Posté le 1 août 2019 à 09:06
    I still do not understand why Delcampe stopped using Skrill when they introduced Delcampe Pay . Why could they have not still kept Skrill as an option? Yes, fees were high and usage was low for Skrill, but for customers from countries that do not have PayPal (like Pakistan) it was still useful & generated some decent sales. I could have understood it if Delcampe Pay was available to those countries, but it isn't!
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

I still do not understand why Delcampe stopped using Skrill when they introduced Delcampe Pay . Why could they have not still kept Skrill as an option? Yes, fees were high and usage was low for Skrill, but for customers from countries that do not have PayPal (like Pakistan) it was still useful & generated some decent sales. I could have understood it if Delcampe Pay was available to those countries, but it isn't!
    • Posté le 1 août 2019 à 16:12
    Yes....its all a bit odd! take away a system that is worldwide but expensive and replace it with a system that is only available to approx 5% of the world's population. I expect there is some hidden logic there but it escapes me at the moment..

Sellers can still use Skrill, or any of the other online payment outfits but theie buyesr have to pay direct to the Skrill (or whatever) account of the seller. and ignore the Delcampe checkout procedures. Over here, I offer Western Union as an alternative to paypal
  • BobUK

113 messages

Royaume-Uni

Unfortunately Skrill is not a secure site and peoples details have been accessed there, I know because it happened to me
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

Unfortunately Skrill is not a secure site and peoples details have been accessed there, I know because it happened to me
    • Posté le 3 août 2019 à 08:50
    Ah...that explains it.

However, it would still be useful to have an alternative to paypal offered as a payment option. Both of the other payment methods offered by Delcampe (DelcampePay and IBAN) are not available to sellers located outside Europe.

I sometimes have buyers complaining about the lack of payment options that we offer......but SWIFT (not IBAN) is used in most of the world (but not via Delcampe) and D-Pay not available..... :zzzzz:

Rejoignez la communauté des collectionneurs !

S'inscrire Se connecter