Highest price - mint or postally used?

• baltija

747 messages

Sweden

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in whether postcards reach higher prices being either mint or postally used (with postage stamp(s) still attached)?
  • mainlypostcards

3539 messages

United Kingdom

I don't think it makes any difference in general.
    Possible exception for WW1 postcard, which are sent from the front by a soldier.
    I do have a few customers though, who buy postcards purely for the postmark, rather than the image on the card.
  • philipano

33 messages

United States

A lot of my customers like cards with stamps and cancel, I can tell when a buyer purchase 10 cards from me and all are cancelled -------- I prefer cards with cancel & stamp to document when card was actually mailed
  • baltija

747 messages

Sweden

Thanks for your answers.

Most picture postcards are rarely unique when still mint.

Postally used picture postcards, that are in a good condition or even better, can be considered the closest one gets to unique items telling a story of its own. That is also what I prefer to collect, but some postcards are really hard to come by in a postally used condition.
  • tdab8
    Closed account

6 messages

Canada

Thanks for your answers.

Most picture postcards are rarely unique when still mint.

Postally used picture postcards, that are in a good condition or even better, can be considered the closest one gets to unique items telling a story of its own. That is also what I prefer to collect, but some postcards are really hard to come by in a postally used condition.
    • Created on Dec 13, 2019 at 6:35 PM
    Agree with this. Cheers.
  • dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

I like postally used as a buyer (and a seller in a small way) and would encourage sellers to put scans of both sides on Delcampe altho its a pain having to look at each card (is there any way of just searching for sales with 2 scans?) I note that cheap cards and dear ones generally are scanned both sides, its the ones in the middle sellers don't give a scan of both sides but I am surprised at the sellers of some dear cards who don't scan both sides!
    Some of the messages are surprising!

Join the collectors community

Register Login