Withdrawl to bank account

• stampsnbooks

26 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

I recently (7 days ago) started the process of withdrawing some money from my Delcampe Pay account to my Barclays bank account in the UK.

At the start of the process there's a message which says it takes up to 3 days for funds to be processed, however once I completed my request for the funds to be transferred another message came up saying it takes 2-14 days (depending on the bank).

Obviously this timescale is slightly disappointing (compared to Paypal which is same day transfer), but also very misleading as the 2 messages (3 days & 2-14 days) are very different. I know Delcampe Pay is relatively new, but I think it would be better if the messages were standardised.

On a separate note, does anybody have any experience of withdrawing funds to a Barclays bank account, as I'm interested to know how long a transfer actually takes?

Thanks in advance.
    Jonathan
  • wycombe1

1853 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

I am also waiting for a withdrawal to appear in a UK bank account (Co-op). As you say a Paypal withdrawal is near enough instantaneous so it will be interesting to see how long it takes the transafer to complete.
  • wycombe1

1853 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

It's a good thing though that I am not desperate for the money!!
  • stampsnbooks

26 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

I am also waiting for a withdrawal to appear in a UK bank account (Co-op). As you say a Paypal withdrawal is near enough instantaneous so it will be interesting to see how long it takes the transafer to complete.
    • Erstellt am 29.07.2019 um 15:42
    I'm now on day 10 & unfortunately no sign of funds in my Barclays account yet - how are you doing with the Co-Op - any quicker?
  • emmbersplace

908 Beiträge

Philippinen

Well...I cannot use Delcampe Pay over here as it is only available to sellers who live in Europe. However, I was interested in the experiences shared about the length of time it apparently takes to transfer YOUR money to your bank account,

As has been said, PP transfers from my UK pp to a UK bank take approximately 5 seconds and transfers from my UK pp account to my Philippines bank (via my Philippines pp account) take just a couple of days.

So is there a reason that I have missed as to why anyone would wish to use a system that is demonstrably worse in this key area of banking ones own cash?

Does anyone know which bank or payment portal actually operates Delcampe Pay?... :question:
  • wycombe1

1853 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

I do not check the account linked to Delcampe Pay very often - but the transfer has not yet reached my Coop account.

For me that is not too much of a problem as the amounts paid using this method are still fairly small compared to Paypal credits.

Another thread has suggested that the Delcampe Pay system is more expensive than Paypal. If this is the case then I suppose many that currently accept it will disable it. There will be no point using a system that is still in its infancy that is more expensive than the established system and streets ahead in its speed of use..
  • wycombe1

1853 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

Update - money is in my account so took two working days.
  • stampsnbooks

26 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

Update - money is in my account so took two working days.
    • Erstellt am 31.07.2019 um 19:39
    2 days is fantastic. I'm on day 11!
  • mjocovers

427 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

• Erstellt am 01.08.2019 um 15:24
    Blimey, that's appalling. In this day & age you'd expect it to be quicker than that!
  • @gaetan
    Account geschlossen

71 Beiträge

Belgien

• Erstellt am 01.08.2019 um 15:24
    Hello stampsnbooks, I just check in our system and your withdrawals you initiated on the 22/07 and on the 28/07 were successfully sent to the bank account you provided. It sure seems a bit long for a bank transfer.

Could you double check your bank account details in your Delcampe Pay interface? Then check with your bank if they could provide anything useful?

If your withdrawals still nowhere to be found, please use the contact form to reach our support and we will do everything we can for you to retrieve your money.
  • stampsnbooks

26 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

Hello stampsnbooks, I just check in our system and your withdrawals you initiated on the 22/07 and on the 28/07 were successfully sent to the bank account you provided. It sure seems a bit long for a bank transfer.

Could you double check your bank account details in your Delcampe Pay interface? Then check with your bank if they could provide anything useful?

If your withdrawals still nowhere to be found, please use the contact form to reach our support and we will do everything we can for you to retrieve your money.
    • Erstellt am 02.08.2019 um 04:44
    Thanks for your message. Unfortunately it's day 15 on the first transfer, so I guess we can now officially say the Delcampe Pay system doesn't work!

I've checked my bank details on the DP interface & they are correct.

I've spoken to my bank, but unfortunately without more details about the transfer - which bank & account the funds are coming from etc, they can't help.

I'll contact your support team now to get my money back.

Thanks again
    Jonathan
  • @gaetan
    Account geschlossen

71 Beiträge

Belgien

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately it's day 15 on the first transfer, so I guess we can now officially say the Delcampe Pay system doesn't work!

I've checked my bank details on the DP interface & they are correct.

I've spoken to my bank, but unfortunately without more details about the transfer - which bank & account the funds are coming from etc, they can't help.

I'll contact your support team now to get my money back.

Thanks again
    Jonathan
    • Erstellt am 06.08.2019 um 06:15
    Hello stampsnbooks,

Thanks for reaching our customer service.
    We are already reaching our banking partner for further investigation, this is the very first time a payout from Delcampe Pay doesn't reach its destination without any alert. We are very sorry for this disturbance and we hope to find a way to fix this as fast as possible.
  • stampsnbooks

26 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

Hello stampsnbooks,

We are already reaching our banking partner for further investigation, this is the very first time a payout from Delcampe Pay doesn't reach its destination without any alert. We are very sorry for this disturbance and we hope to find a way to fix this as fast as possible.
    • Erstellt am 06.08.2019 um 08:15
    Thanks for the update - I look forward to a speedy resolution to the problem!
  • stampsnbooks

26 Beiträge

Vereinigtes Königreich

Hello stampsnbooks,

• Erstellt am 06.08.2019 um 08:15
    The funds (both transfers) finally arrived in my Barclays bank account today, so thank you again for chasing up at the ING end of the money trail!
  • @gaetan
    Account geschlossen

71 Beiträge

Belgien

The funds (both transfers) finally arrived in my Barclays bank account today, so thank you again for chasing up at the ING end of the money trail!
    • Erstellt am 15.08.2019 um 11:17
    Glad to hear that the transfers finally went through.

Again thank you for your patience.

Werden Sie Mitglied der Sammler-Community!

Anmelden Einloggen